Here are four basic bicycling tips
The following are things you can do to maintain control of your bicycle, even in an emergency:
- Ensure your bicycle is the right size and properly adjusted to fit you.
- A properly-fitted bicycle is more comfortable and easier to control.
- A bicycle shop can help you choose the correct size bicycle.
- Ensure your bicycle is in good working order by inspecting it regularly.
Properly-fitted helmets provide protection from a potentially life-threatening head injury. By law, all bicycle riders must wear a bicycle helmet while riding on a public road.
Wear your helmet per manufacturer directions.
Be Visible and Alert
Even if you obey all traffic laws, there is always a risk of a collision.
- Be prepared to stop for vehicles waiting at stop signs, in driveways, or parking spaces.
- Be prepared to take evasive action relating to vehicles that have just passed you and may turn right.
- Use hand signals before making turns or changing lanes to warn traffic around you.
Ride in a Safe Lane Position
If you find yourself on teh road, ride in the same direction as traffic so you are more visible to drivers entering roads or changing lanes in the following scenarios:
- Passing a vehicle or another bicycle.
- Preparing to make a left turn at an intersection.
- When a lane is too narrow for a bicycle
- When approaching a right turn.
- If the road is one-way with two or more lanes.
Included with every bike rental:
Condition and purpose
- For Rental only bookings full payment is required upon booking. Payment will be made via the secure online booking system.
- For all other bookings the Client agrees to pay a 30% down payment to Paphos MTB Hire upon booking and the remaining balance at least 30 days before the start date of the holiday/rental by: (a) upon receipt of payment request via online booking system; or (b) bank transfer
- The Client also agrees to pay all applicable: (a) IVA tax and any other government taxes or duties; and (b) bank charges on money transfers.
- If the Client fails to pay the total price at least 30 days before the start date, Paphos MTB Hire reserves the right to cancel, amend or modify the Client’s reservation at its sole discretion.
- Payment of all or part of the total price (including payment by credit card) is acceptance of these T&Cs.
Changes to Bookings /Cancellation
- If the service becomes unavailable for the Hire Period due to circumstances beyond Paphos MTB Hire’ control (such as theft, fire, earthquake, or damage from an earlier hire contract), Paphos MTB Hire will use its best efforts to offer the Client a suitable alternative. If Paphos MTB Hire is unable to offer a suitable alternative, the Client will be entitled to a full refund of any monies paid to Komo, minus any costs Komo has incurred related to this booking.
- No refunds will be made for early returns, late pickups, no-shows or change of mind.